I want neither a terrorist spirituality that keeps me in a perpetual state of fright about being in right relationship with my heavenly Father nor a sappy spirituality that portrays God as such a benign teddy bear that there is no aberrant behavior or desire of mine that he will not condone. I want a relationship with the Abba of Jesus, who is infinitely compassionate with my brokenness and at the same time an awesome, incomprehensible, and unwieldy Mystery.

Brennan Manning, Ruthless Trust

peder & annie's baby

pregnancy due date

15 March 2008

meeting him here

surrender


mount hermon cross photo by kirsten.michelle

10 comments:

christianne said...

i love you, girl.

Anonymous said...

Kirsten
This really needs no comment does it? The cross says it all!

Sarah said...

...loving you...

Scott R. Davis said...

the last words of Christ were said on the cross. Forgive them for they know not what they are doing. And Jesus also said, it is finished. His work completed his mission. May your work and your mission help further His mission.

Sarah said...

I came by earlier and couldn't quite figure out what this picture reminded me of. Tonight, I remembered.

"So I'll cherish the old rugged cross
'Til my trophies at last I'll lay down
I'll cling to the old rugged cross
And exchange it someday for a crown"

May your surrender become your crown, sister-friend.

christianne said...

sarah, that is so amazing. i love that you posted this here for our beautiful kirsten-friend.

L.L. Barkat said...

Lovely.

Coming to this place (MH) can feel like something we are pursuing. Then we find we are pursued. By the promise of growth. If only we'll surrender.

SO good to meet you in the flesh this past week. So, so good.

di said...

i just want to spread my arms out to the sides, throw my head back and worship Him

beautiful passion week pic... thanks kirsten

kirsten said...

christianne - love you so much, girl.

tammy - truly!! in light of the cross, what else is there to say?

sarah - i thought of you often in this place: a brave writer-girl, learning surrender & trust ... love you. and yes ... "old rugged cross". that is it. that's all there is.

l.l. - it was so lovely to meet you, to know your laughter & the expressions of your face. i hope this is the first of more meetings to come.

di - i join you in throwing my head back, spreading my arms open, & opening my hands. letting Him have His way.

terri said...

uncle.